Courses for Credit
Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy is an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for 6th- to 12th-grade students to learn concepts and skills and progress at their own pace. The pace slows when the student struggles and accelerates when the student “gets it.”
When coursework is completed, students earn credit from our accredited full-time private school, which is recognized by most local schools. Course enrollment options include:
- Individual courses: This option is for when students need to re-take a course, or they aren’t successful in the course at their local school. Learn more about credit recovery.
- Multiple courses: This alternative allows students to take some of their courses at Brightmont, and some at a local school with their friends.
Our curriculum includes all required 6th- to 12th-grade courses in math, language arts, science, and social studies, as well as Advanced Placement® courses. With school accreditation and curriculum customized to match district requirements, credits earned at Brightmont Academy transfer to most local schools. As a supplement to one-to-one course sessions, we offer supervised Homework Studio to qualified students.
The Brightmont Advantage
Brightmont Academy provides the learning alternative that works! We believe in the potential of each student, and we are committed to helping students become successful learners by providing:
- One-to-one instruction: One teacher, one student — all of the time
- Customized learning plan: Accommodates for individual academic needs, learning difficulties, and styles
- Expert educators: A team of seasoned administrators and dedicated, experienced teachers who believe in each student’s potential
- Flexible scheduling: An alternative to the structured schedule of a traditional school
Students Who Benefit
Many students need an alternative for getting individual course credit:
- Students with learning difficulties
- Students looking to advance
- Students at risk of dropping out of school
- Student athletes
- Students who need a more flexible schedule
Boost Achievement with a Skill-Building Program
Students taking a course can make greater progress by adding a skill building program to their academic plan. We offer one-to-one programs for reading, writing, and math.
"Brightmont Academy is the best! I tell all of my classmates and friends to go. If it weren’t for Brightmont I wouldn't be ready to graduate." -Student
Advanced Placement® and AP® are registered trademarks of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.