Brightmont Academy® and this Brightmont Academy website are owned by Brightmont Inc.
The Brightmont Academy website include links to websites operated by others. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties, and this policy does not apply to any information collected by such third party websites.
How We May Collect Personal Information
We may collect information that personally identifies you when you obtain a user name and password or when you otherwise communicate with us through the Brightmont Academy website. We may also obtain your personal information through the Brightmont Academy website if it is submitted by a representative of the institution (such as a school, school district, state department of education or other educational organization) or by the individual (such as a parent or guardian) enrolling a student at Brightmont Academy.
Types of Personal Information Collected
We may collect the following types of personal information on the Brightmont Academy website:
1. When a student, or a teacher, school administrator or representative of a Sponsoring Organization on behalf of a student, obtains a user name and password or enrolls in Brightmont Academy, we may request the following personal information:
- student name and email address
- school name
- school or homeschool address
- phone number
- parent or guardian contact information for the student
2. When a teacher, school administrator or personnel from a Sponsoring Organization obtains a user name and password, we may request the following personal information:
- name and email address
- school or organization name
- school or organization address
- phone number
4. Your contact information so that Brightmont Academy can provide you with more information about our services.
How Information Is Used and Shared
Information about Brightmont Academy website users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of Brightmont Academy.
Non-personal User Information
A cookie is a small packet of information that we place on your computer’s hard drive whenever you visit the Brightmont Academy. For each user, our web server automatically recognizes the following:
- the host origin of the request (e.g., your IP address)
- the referrer (e.g., where you came from if you arrived at our site via a link)
- the requested document (e.g., the page being viewed)
- your browser type (e.g., Internet Explorer 7.0)
- platform information (e.g., Windows 2000, MAC OS 10)
- session data (e.g., whether sign in was successful)
- For session variables, to facilitate your navigation of content on the Brightmont Academy website.
- To determine if cookies are enabled in your browser so that we may ensure that our Brightmont Academy website runs on your computer.
- To authenticate your access to content on the Brightmont Academy website.
We do not store in cookies any passwords or credit card information, any information that personally identifies you, or any information that tracks you from session to session.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Your Privacy
No Guarantee of Security. No data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be secure. Brightmont Academy does not ensure or warrant the security of any personal or other information you transmit to us including without limitation via the Brightmont Academy website.
Copyright © 2016 Brightmont Academy® and the Brightmont Academy logo are registered trademarks of Brightmont Inc.