There are many situations where a parent may seek customized education information or require written reports. Brightmont employs a professional team with a wide range of experience and expertise, and can provide guidance as requested. Consulting services may be used in any situation Brightmont works directly with the parent or another professional to provide information or an opinion as a complement to our instructional services, which are provided to the student. In some cases, instruction at Brightmont may be a secondary goal to reviewing information and available placements to help determine the best fit for the student currently.
This is not a comprehensive list, but rather an example of ways our consulting services might be used:
- Feedback on local private day school placements and assistance understanding admissions criteria
- Attendance and participation in Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings (available to current clients only, to ensure that our observations and input is current)
- Review of written IEP plan or 504 Accommodation Plan
- Development of graduation plan and post-secondary school plan, especially when considering multiple schools or other scenarios that may impact graduation requirements
- Coordination with transition into another school placement
- Professional development for teachers
- Public speaking
- Information and facilitation of internships, externships, and other experiences outside of the classroom
- Letters or reports outlining the student's needs, strengths, and current functioning to support a change in placement, custody, or treatment program.
- Collaboration with other professionals currently seeing the student