Students with Learning Disabilities
Brightmont Academy offers a new beginning for students with learning disabilities. Our one-to-one instruction method, combined with knowledgeable, caring teachers, provides the perfect opportunity for success.
One Teacher, One Student—All of the Time
At the center of Brightmont Academy’s personalized learning approach is one-to-one instruction: one experienced teacher working with one student throughout every learning session. Our skilled educators provide encouragement and leverage each student’s strengths while setting the right pace for success. Each teaching moment is adjusted to optimize progress for the individual student.
Fully Customized Accommodations
The Campus Director works with each student and family to set goals, create a customized learning plan, and choose just the right teacher to fit a student’s motivational and instructional needs.
To make the most possible progress, the dedicated teachers at Brightmont Academy are experienced at implementing the best accommodations for each student’s learning disabilities.
- For students diagnosed with ADHD, our teachers are adept at redirecting their attention whenever they start to get distracted.
- For students with dyslexia, our teachers use multisensory, visual, and auditory representations of content.
- For students with slower processing rates, our teachers can adjust the volume of assignments.
- Technology is often used as a tool and accommodation.
- Our quiet, structured learning environment helps students with many types of learning disabilities or struggles to stay focused.
Customization is not just for the benefit of students. The Campus Director is always available to support parents with regular progress reports and suggestions.
Belief in Each Student’s Potential
At Brightmont Academy, our teachers and administrators believe each student can succeed. By getting to know each student’s learning preferences and interests, teachers customize instruction so that students can achieve the most progress. Parents start to see their children holding their heads high and becoming engaged in the learning process.
Students with learning disabilities experience learning success with one-to-one instruction at Brightmont Academy campuses in:
- Arizona: Chandler, Deer Valley, Scottsdale
- Michigan: Northville, Birmingham
- Minnesota: Apple Valley, Plymouth
- Washington: Seattle, Redmond, Sammamish, Woodinville
Featured In: Huffington Post
Brightmont Academy Campus Director Dr. Judith Zenna-Valgento gives expert insight into the challenges faced by high-functioning girls on the autism spectrum. Learn about different behaviors between girls and boys who have autism, and how diagnosis, tools and understanding help kids thrive. Read the article.