Tutoring to Increase Success in School
Tutoring at Brightmont Academy for K-12 students means one-to-one instruction—all of the time. One experienced teacher individualizes instruction for one student throughout every learning session. The teacher adjusts the pace and approach to ensure that the student understands each concept before proceeding to the next, and helps the student successfully complete outstanding assignments from school. The results: maximum learning gains and increased self-confidence.
Comprehensive Tutoring Program
Brightmont Academy offers each student a focused and tailored approach to tutoring that enables him or her to improve by providing:
- One-to-one instruction: One teacher, one student—all of the time
- Foundational skills: In addition to specific course content, the teacher identifies the student’s areas of weakness and builds foundational academic, study, and organizational skills for long-term learning success.
- Support for multiple subjects: Because we have a team of educators with expertise across disciplines, we can provide all the tutoring support a student needs.
- Responsible supervision: At each campus the Director—a seasoned administrator—takes responsibility for monitoring progress and routinely updates parents.
K-12 Tutoring Topics
Brightmont actively seeks to advance skills and foster continual progress in areas such as:
- Academic subjects: math, language arts, science, social studies, Spanish
- Academic skills: math, reading, writing
- Study skills: organization, time management, goal setting
- Test preparation: SAT®, ACT®, ISEE, SSAT, CAHSEE, AIMS
Students Who Benefit
When students begin to get lower grades, skip school, or avoid homework, Brightmont Academy tutoring provides the focused step-by-step support for those needing to overcome learning challenges including:
- Students with learning difficulties
- Students struggling with course content and homework
- Students needing to improve foundational reading, writing, math, or study skills
- Students at risk of dropping out of school
SAT is a registered trademark of the College Board. ACT is a registered trademark of ACT, Inc.
Better Understanding. More Confidence.
Isaac felt completely lost in his Algebra I class and was at risk of failing. Tutoring with Brightmont’s one-to-one instruction helped him gain confidence. “It feels good to finally get it,” Isaac says.