Individual Courses to Earn Credits for Graduation
Taking individual courses at Brightmont Academy offers an effective one-to-one instruction alternative for 6th- to 12th-grade students to learn concepts and skills by progressing at their own pace. The pace slows when the student struggles and accelerates when the student “gets it.”
When coursework is completed, students earn credit from our accredited full-time private school, which is recognized by most local schools. Course enrollment options include:
- Individual course: When students need to re-take a course, or they can’t be successful in the course offered at their local school.
- Multiple courses: This alternative allows students to take some of their courses at Brightmont, and some at a local school with their friends.
Our curriculum includes all required 6th- to 12th-grade courses in math, language arts, science, and social studies, as well as Advanced Placement* courses. With school accreditation and curriculum customized to match district requirements, credits earned at Brightmont Academy transfer to most local schools.
The Brightmont Advantage
Brightmont Academy provides the learning alternative that works! Because we believe in the potential of each student, we are committed to helping students become successful learners through providing:
- One-to-one instruction: One teacher, one student — all of the time
- Customized learning plan: Accommodates for individual academic needs, learning difficulties, and styles
- Expert educators: A team of seasoned administrators and dedicated, experienced teachers who believe in each student’s potential
- Flexible scheduling: An alternative to the structured schedule of a traditional school
Students Who Benefit
Many students need an alternative for getting individual course credit:
- Students with learning difficulties
- Students at risk of dropping out of school
- Students who need a more flexible schedule
- Students looking to advance academically
*Advanced Placement is a registered trademark of the College Board.